| || || |
- Ordered new by Princess Jean-Louis de Faucigny-Lucinge, better known as Baba d'Erlanger, a style icon in 1920s France
- This example is estimated to be one of 7 Phantom IIIs built by Kellner, the only example built in 1938
- Still has the correct Kellner Body Saloon Division and Engine Matching Numbers
When the Phantom III was first unveiled at the 1935 Olympia Motor Show it was the most advanced, modern and technologically advanced automobile ever seen.
Construction of the Rolls-Royce Phantom III began in 1936 and lasted for 3 years, with a total of 727 built.
It was the very first Rolls-Royce offered to the public with a V12 engine, the last model developed with the support of Henry Royce.
The Phantom III present here was ordered on 22 December 1937 by Princess Jean-Louis de Faucigny-Lucinge, who was already an excellent customer of the Kellner bodywork and did not hesitate to commission him to outfit the Phantom III. Indeed, in a letter addressed to the Carrozzeria, the Princess specified that she would build the car as soon as possible, demonstrating her frenzy to show off the luxurious car in the most elegant and aristocratic hangouts in Paris, but also for the trips she used to take with husband in Italy.
The real name of the Princess was Mary Liliane Matilda Baroness d'Erlanger, who became Princess in 1923 by marrying a noble French aristocrat descendant of Louis IX.
Known by all as Baba d'Erlanger, she is a well-known model as well as a true style icon, so much so that she is often sought after by photographers to be immortalized, a sort of "ante litteram influencer" in France in the 1920s. This fame of hers also earned her a 30% discount on the purchase of the car, as her notoriety would have also attracted attention to the car.
The chassis was delivered to the Kellner workshops, Paris in March 1938, with the complete bodywork as per specification, finally being delivered on 15 June 1938.
The car is in excellent condition, with a two-tone Dark Blue and Primula Yellow paint job.
The interior is in cream-coloured leather, contrasting on the biscuit-coloured carpet.
This KELLNER Phantom III Saloon arrived in Italy (more precisely in Palermo) in 1993 where it was used for ceremonies
The car then moved to the north in 2013 where in the following years it underwent a total and meticulous restoration, which lasted three years, also relying on English specialists such as "Frankl & Stepsons"
The works involved the car in all its parts, more precisely they were carried out:
- Disassembly and paint stripping with squaring
- Wooden parts. the car, in fact, has some wooden components, for which carpenters specialized in the field were consulted for the restoration
- Totally overhauled mechanics. Engine, gearbox and brakes
- Electrical system disassembled and restored in all its parts
- The restoration was finally finished in 2020
Truly unique car, accompanied by a book documenting the entire history of the car, various copies of invoices of the time and photos of the restoration carried out
• Financing Possibilities.
We offer logistics and home delivery service.
Shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
Wide range of cars & motorbikes in offer in our premises.
The car is visible in our showroom in Reggio Emilia, Italy.
For more information please contact:
Petru: + 39 338 6429745
Pellegrino: +39 338 6235648
Office: +39 0522 268511
Mail || email@example.com
| || || |